TenGone On Twitter

Saturday

7 Reasons To Not Give Up Chocolate Cake


This is a guilt buster for me: I can't give up chocolate cake, so I'm (making it work for me ;) looking at the reasons why it's OK not too:

  1. It's a carb, which is fuel and helps your metabolism.
  2. Dark chocolate contains flavonoids, which slow aging and relax blood pressure, among other things.
  3. If you incorporate occasional treats into a diet, you're more likely to stick to that diet.
  4. If you bake the cake yourself, you can add grains such as flax and bran, or fruit and veggies such as applesauce and zucchini, which will increase health benefits.
  5. Cake can be frozen, so it's a treat you can make or buy and eat small portions of, without fear of waste.
  6. Chocolate has been linked to increased serotonin levels, which acts as an antidepressant.
  7. Chocolate contains theobromine, which is a stimulant similar to caffeine.
There are more, I just know it. I may be writing a "part 2" to this post in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |

What I've Written About